Current clients can access their portal account by clicking here: https://counselorqueen.clientsecure.me
I use a secure, HIPAA Compliant EMR (electronic medical records) database called SimplePractice. SimplePractice has an online client portal feature that is available to my clients free of charge. If you are an active client of mine, I will set up your account in the portal where you will be able to access important documents, schedule appointments, send me secure messages, and access and/or make payment on your billing statements.
LOGGING INTO THE PORTAL: Current clients can use their computer, tablet, or phone device to log into the portal. Simply use your preferred web browser and go to https://counselorqueen.clientsecure.me, where you will be prompted to enter in the email address associated with your account. You will then be sent an email that contains a sign in link to click on that will log you directly into your portal. The link in your email is good for one usage and will expire within 24 hours. If you need to login more than once within that 24 hour period, you will have to request a new login link using the steps above. This process increases your security, as there are no passwords being used that could potentially be hacked.
SCHEDULING THERAPY APPOINTMENTS: You may schedule and/or cancel any appointments through in your online SimplePractice portal. When you login, click on “Request Appointment”. Select “Psychotherapy, 60 min” for the service. If your appointment time is less than that, I will change it after our therapy session. Please note that there are two location options – my physical office location and my video office*; select the appropriate location for you. My availability for the location you select will then appear, and you can request whichever appointment time works best for you. Please make sure you have selected “Afternoons” and “Evenings” under the calendar icon so that all available sessions appear.
Please note that appointments must be scheduled and/or cancelled in the portal within 24 hours. If you are interested in scheduling and/or cancelling an appointment within less than 24 hours, you will need to message me in the portal or call me and I can make the appropriate changes for you.
*If you would like to do virtual sessions using my video office, please be sure to read the “Telemental Health” and “Insurance Resources” sections below. This will help you prepare for any virtual sessions that we may have and clarify any questions regarding your potential costs.
MAKING PAYMENTS AND ACCESSING YOUR BILLING STATEMENTS: You are now able to make payments on any past due fees and access your billing statements through your SimplePractice portal. All of your billing transactions will be maintained in your SimplePractice portal until your portal access is disabled.
A wonderful feature of SimplePractice is its HIPAA compliant telehealth software. Please know that none of SimplePractice’s telehealth appointments will ever be recorded or stored. If you are considering telehealth services, here is some important information for you to know:
- What: According to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Telehealth is “…the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support and promote long-distance clinical health care…technologies include videoconferencing, the internet, store-and-forward imaging, streaming media, and terrestrial and wireless communications.” (https://www.healthit.gov/topic/health-it-initiatives/telemedicine-and-telehealth)
- When & Why: Telehealth is appropriate for clients when they are not in crisis, cannot attend in-person therapy services (e.g. during a pandemic), when they have the technical tools and capability to engage in this method of therapy, and/or when it would be clinically appropriate (such as when a client has severe agoraphobia and is unable to leave their home).
- Who: Any clients with whom it would be clinically appropriate to engage in telehealth sessions, who have signed their Informed Consent for Telehealth form in the portal, and who are located in the state of Missouri at the time of our therapy session may engage in Telehealth services with me.
- Where: When engaging in telehealth therapy sessions, it is important that clients have a quiet environment that is free from interruptions and where others will not overhear our conversations. It is also important that clients use a secured network when engaging in telehealth sessions in order to minimize the potential for others to access our therapy session. For example, neither you nor I would attend a telehealth therapy session while at a coffee shop where others may hear our conversation and/or we would be on a public WiFi/internet connection.
- Cost: The SimplePractice telehealth software is free for my current clients. However, the therapy session cost is billed at my normal rates, just like an in-person therapy session would be billed. Some clients have health insurance plans that include telehealth therapy services and some do not. I can try to bill your insurance company for reimbursement, but because each insurance plan is different these services may or may not be covered. It is your responsibility to know your health insurance benefits, and if you are interested in engaging in telehealth therapy sessions I encourage you to call your insurance company. For your convenience I have included a script you may use to walk you through that process. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.
- How: Clients can book telehealth sessions by selecting the “Video Office” location when scheduling an appointment. If you plan to use an Iphone or Android mobile or tablet device, you will need to download the “Telehealth by SimplePractice” app in your app store prior to your telehealth appointment. If you prefer to use a computer, you may simply click on the link provided in your appointment reminder email and you will be taken directly to the SimplePractice video platform. If you are not set up for email reminders and want to do telehealth sessions, please message me in the portal so that we can modify your notification settings. More information can be found in the “Informed Consent for Telehealth” document I sent you in your portal and in the Telehealth User Guide listed below.